Thursday, March 31, 2005

Memory of Costume Making

Citizens,

Robin here again. I just had another memory I thought you would enjoy: how joey and I made our costumes. I won't tell you the whole story now, because that is a story worthy of at least a two part episode! Holy Jaming Journal Entries!

Needless to say, Joey and I turned his living room into a costume shop when we were making what we call our "hero costumes" (the good ones) versus our "classic costumes" (the bad ones). It was insane. Fabric was everywhere. There were pictures of every angle we could find of batman and robin lying on the table.

I was seated at a table working on sewing a zipper on joey's boots. Joey was curled up on the floor designing a pattern for my cape. It was at that point I realized that it was a friday night and I was making a batman costume. I laughed and asked Joey, "Did you ever think that on a saturday in july you'd be sewing?" and he had to laugh and say no. Yeah, I think the thing we both remember fondly about Batman is the lengths we went to to make the project accurate. And that was just the beginning.

KAPOW!

Robin

No comments: