Friday, April 01, 2005

A Summer of Adventure

Citizens,

Robin here again. You know, I was thinking the other day making the Batman movies Joey and I have done have to be some of the best summer memories I have. After my last post about the grind and push of filming, the question to this is "why?" For the answer, I defer to Adam West.

Adam West once said that when he was playing Batman, every day for work he got up and pretended to be Batman. His "business meetings" were with Commissioner Gordon. His "daily doings" were fighting the Joker, the Penguine, and a slew of other villians. Seriously, when we were all kids, how many times did we pretend to be super heroes. How awesome would it be to be hired to play super heroes all day?

Well, this is what Joey and I did. Even though we weren't paid, we spent the whole summer fighting crime and being super heroes. How cool is that? I mean, you can go to the beach. You can go to amusement parks. You can go camping. But, nothing and I mean nothing stands up in a conversation when your friends at college ask, "So what did you do this summer?" and you can answer, "Oh, well first I rode in the Batmobile, only after fighting and beating up 6 tough bad guys, only to escape from a large oven, and then beat up 6 bad guys again and save the city from a diabolical mad man." There is nothing on this great earth that could top that.

KAPOW!

Robin

No comments: