Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not a "man", a "Henchman!"

Citizens,

In honor of Easter, I thought I'd give you two glorious posts to reveal over today! Holy Estatic Easter Suprises Batman!

You may be wondering what my favorite joke we pulled in the course of our 4 Episodes of Batman. To me, I'd honestly have to say it was in Episode 1. Batman and Robin learn the Derivative is hiding out in a movie theater. They rush in but the movie is rated "R", so Robin can't go in. So, I'm hanging out in the lobby when a strange man (who happens to have the word "Man" on his tee-shirt) comes up to me and asks me if I'd like some refreshments.

Now, I SHOULD have known not to take refreshments from a stranger. But, you have to remember that Robin is just a young boy and Batman wasn't there to guide him. Also, in case you don't remember, all the bad guys in the show have signs on their shirt that say "Henchman" on them.

I order a glass of milk from the man. He gives it to me and Robin faints, clearly a victim of poision. At that point, the "man" reveals that the "hench" part of his sign was covered up and he is really a henchman!

Every time I see that I laugh and I can't believe the original 60s show didn't ever do something like that. I mean, with everything being labeled, it only makes sense that to "disguise" your true identity, all you have to do is cover up your sign!

SLASH!,

Robin

No comments: